Friday, November 20, 2009

Blog 6














"Jeanne-Claude obituary"
She was one half of the environmental artist known to the world as Christo.

Jeanne-Claude was the wife and collaborator of one of my favorite artist, Christo. She died at the age of 74, from complications of a brain aneurysm on November 18, two days ago.
They worked together since they met, their relationship lasted 51 years, and during that time they completed 19 projects together, including "The Gates" in Central Park, New York, "The Valley Curtain" in Colorado, USA,"Pont Neuf" in Paris, France, and "Umbrellas" in Japan and California USA.
They are world wide known for their large scale wrapping projects, and for their interventions in natural landscapes, very close to the Land Art.
I chose this piece of news because, like I already said, Christo is one of my favorite artists in the world. I really like their works, I find it very interesting. They work in big sizes, most of their pieces of art are in large scale, covering wide spaces of natural landscapes and big public buildings, using fabric most of the time, and giving the color an important role. This aspects of their work are really important for me, because I would like to work with it too, and also with the idea of intervene and break into public spaces, and produce a change in the everyday visual landscape of people.
Once someone told me that sometimes when you cover something you can finally notice, and I'm agree with it. Sometimes you don't actually see what you need to see.
Well, I think this is a very sad news, and I really hope that Christo continue working by himself because I really enjoy his work.
Now, this couple of artist has become one.

Here is the link:









No comments:

Post a Comment